Sunday, June 15, 2008

something to report

I've got progress, sweet, sweet progress. Today I spent a couple hours working on my quilt for Kate's ALQS. I was really buzzing right along on this and then with everything that's been going on the last month I went from way ahead of schedule to way behind. My goal is to have the top all pieced by Tuesday so I can get to work on quilting it.

I chose the Iowa Star pattern for my partner's quilt. I thought that was appropriate since it was coming all the way from Iowa. Although if I'd known that the weather was going to be like around here I might have picked Storm at Sea!


I also worked on my row for Kathi's row robin-I'd work on a couple Iowa Star blocks and then put together some blocks for her row. I promise to get a picture of her gorgeous rows tomorrow when the light is good-she is going to have an amazing quilt.

DD and I had a tea party with my friend Kathleen today. We had little chicken salad sandwiches, cheese slices, pears, tea, and angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream. Kathleen made the chicken salad-there were figs, raisins, and a whole host of other yummies in there. It was absolutely delish. She offered me the leftovers chicken salad-one guess what I had for supper. Hehehe-there's just enough left it may be breakfast too!

1 comment:

Colene said...

Those little blocks are too cute!