Friday, June 20, 2008

Look at me go!

I was all set today to show you my progress on my mini quilt for the ALQS swap I'm in but in a fit of productive energy last night I finished it! Ok, ok, I still have to write on the label so 99.9% done.

Here's the top...


Close up on the quilting...

A look at the little hanging tabs on the back.

This is the first mini quilt I've ever made and I found the process to be quite enjoyable. Good thing too since I've already signed up for the next round of the Miniature Booty Swap. We should be getting out partner info for that swap soon.

I learned a couple things from this swap-one is that it's nerve wracking trying to make a quilt for someone else! I really hope my partner likes this.

I think the next one I make I'll choose a block where there's not so many seams meeting in the corners. The points where 4 star blocks come together were definitely bulky even using a smaller seam allowance and it was definitely a challenge trying to get those points to match up.

DD is going to Grandma's this weekend so that means some lovely quilting time for me so hopefully I'll be showing you pictures of my row for the Row Robin I'm in either tonight or tomorrow.

I also signed up for the Birthday Block Swap Round 2 so hopefully I can work on a couple of those blocks with weekend. Not really because I need to but just because they're so darn fun. This is one of my favorite swaps. Last year I was in two groups-one theme was Halloween stars and the other was Chocolate covered cherries. I got gorgeous blocks from each of those. This year I'm in one group but it's a big one so I'll get as many blocks as I did from the last swap where I was in 2 groups. Instead of picking a theme I picked the Brasstown Stars block done with batiks on black backgrounds. I can't wait till September when I get my blocks!

4 comments:

AmyB said...

Your little quilt is fantastic! I'm sure the recipient will love it...

Amy a.k.a. dragonryder4 said...

Oh wow , I love it !! Where ever did you find the pattern ? I would love to try this pattern out !
Amy
http://www.rattiemom.blogspot.com

Lorraine said...

Love this ..... great pattern....and the quilting is gorgeous.....I am sure the lucky recipient will love it....!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your little quilt,so much that I wanted to get the pattern from you and make it for the miniature booty swap 2! That is until I saw it was hard to deal with all the seems, the thickness, too challenging for me> Just gorgeous-lucky partner!