Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I see your true colors shining through....

I finally got my quilt top together for the ALQS and took it out in the sunshine to take a picture of it. So now instead of me posting a pic and saying "it's not such a hot picture" I can officially say look-this is what it looks like!



See the shadows on the left hand side. We have this gigantic tree right in front of our apartment-it's absolutely gorgeous and even on the hottest sunniest day our patio is in the shade 95% of the day. There's about a 1 hour window where it gets full sun but even then I've got some shadowy bits. So now you know why all my pictures turn out so dark! I can't complain though-it's only on the hottest days we have to run the air with all that nice shade so that big tree saves us a bundle.

After I took the picture I sandwiched the top and started quilting it-I've got just over half of the top quilted so I'm really pleased with the progress. Originally I'd planned a pieced border to follow the purple (which was going to be thinner) but once I got the purple on it just looked right so I decided to listen to my quilter muse and stop.

2 comments:

Colene said...

Its beautiful, I wish it was headed to my mail box.

black bear cabin said...

i love it...the colors are wonderful and the design is very unique!! what fun...someone is going to be very pleased with their new mini! Im also glad to see im not the only one that hasnt mailed theirs out yet :) hehehehe
im working on the binding now.
cheers~