Sunday, June 29, 2008

Crazy mini and my quilty muse

I'm planning a wall hanging from the blocks I received from my crazy quilt swap. I decided on a 3x3 arrangement and since I ended up with 10 blocks I decided to make one a little mini. This block came from Randi and compared to the others I received the embellishments read a little pink so I decided to make it my mini. I spent Saturday afternoon embellishing away and finished it off in the early evening.


Close ups of the details



Yesterday I was cruising around my bloglines and happened to see this adorable mini Colene had made for her partner in the doll quilt swap on the about.com forum. I thought it was so cute I whipped out my red and blue scraps and made one of my own. (Of course mine is not quilted yet-I'm not that speedy!) This one measures about 16 inches square.

It was such a fun little quilt to make-thanks Colene for being my quilty muse!


I'm hoping to tackle something truly tiny soon-I've been working on some teeny little 3 inch log cabin blocks that have something like 21 bars each but I've been so busy with other things that they've been set aside for awhile-maybe it's time to dig them back out.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Your crazy mini is lovely. I like the colours you have used.

Love and hugs Gina xx

Colene said...

Glad I could be of help, but truly I got the inspiration from a doll quilt book.