Friday, June 20, 2008

churning them out

Check it out folks-3 posts in one day and 2 of them are actually productive. These are Kathi's rows for her row robin that I've been promising pictures of. I think these are just so lovely and elegant.




I made the row of double shoo fly blocks on the bottom. When Kathi posted her theme I thought shoo fly blocks would be so pretty in the soft, subtle taupes. When I got to her quilt all the rows were 12 inches. I decided 4-12 inch shoo fly blocks would be too blah and 8-6 inch blocks would look out of proportion with the other rows but 16-8 inch blocks doubled up would be just right. I'm really happy with how it turned out (and really hate to send Kathi's quilt onto the next person-doesn't it look like it wants to live with me?!)

1 comment:

Kathi said...

It is gorgeous! Luckily that is MY quilt. Sorry, it can't live with you. Thank you for adding your row, it adds just the right touch!