Sunday, April 27, 2008

Today I was productive

My friend and neighbor Kathleen came over today and we had a little crafty girl day. Kathleen made jewelry, DD made collages, and I made blocks for the crazy quilt swap. I got all my blocks pieced and even got a couple embellished.

These are for the 2 ladies in my group who wanted multicolored blocks.

There are for the cream and white ladies-they don't show up very well against the white flannel-but without the flannel you'll have proof that my carpet needs vacuuming and they might take away my Martha Stewart medal. Hehe, of course they'd have to find it in the clutter first!

These two are for the 2 ladies who wanted black and white blocks and.......here's close up's of the embellishments.


The swap requirement is that we do at least two embellishments on each block. My plan is to get two done on all my blocks and then go back and add more-that way I don't get caught short on time and have to rush through. As usual my pics are not so hot-the top block actually has small beads in between the big bright ones and the bottom block has black ribbon rose appliqué and a green chain stitch with silver beads woven in. Does the picture actually look like that on either one? Sometimes I wonder how the picture I see through the lens can look so different than the picture I end up with.

No comments: