Wednesday, April 23, 2008

More crazy quilt shopping

As promised here's pictures of my recent crazy quilt acquisitions. This whole crazy quilting thing is disgustingly addictive-ok-well the shopping is-this is how far I've gotten on actually making the blocks-
That's progress right?I cut out my muslin squares and marked off the 8 1/2 inch square inside of them. Ok, ok, not such great progress-I'll try to have more impressive pictures to show you tomorrow.

Here's some gorgeous fabric to take your mind off my pathetically undone blocks. This picture is my fancy fabrics for the colored blocks. I've got a bright orange brocade, a shiny blue satin, and a dark plum crushed velvet fabric. I also picked up these little flower appliqués (how cute are they!) and some fun beaded trim.

These are my fabrics for the black and white blocks-I didn't have a single black and white fabric in my stash so I had to buy a bunch for these. Tragic isn't it. I've got three fancies in here-the solid black (crushed velvet), the black and white dot (silky) and the white with black swirls in the front (kind of textured linen). The rest are cotton. Then there's some pretty black ribbon with black roses on it-I thought that would make a pretty seam treatment.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get either the black or colored blocks pieced-keep your fingers crossed folks-my sewing machine has been feeling neglected the last few days!

No comments: