Thursday, April 24, 2008

Opinions please!

I made this little buzz saw quilt with the leftover blocks from the big buzz saw quilt. It's about 24x 32-I think it's going to be a cute little table topper for Halloween. Problem is I have no idea how to quilt it-I know I don't want to do stitch in the ditch. I bought some really cute orange variegated thread so I want to do something fun but what I don't know. My best idea so far was spiraling circles in the black area that start out small and get bigger but other than that I'm just blanking.

So if anyone has some great quilting suggestions I would surely love to hear them-can't let that lovely variegated thread sit too long-it might turn into a pumpkin!

3 comments:

sophie said...

My first thought was also large nested circles or spirals, to reinforce the circular buzz saw pattern.

AmyB said...

I'd do something different in the black areas than in the print areas -- maybe something denser in the black so the print buzz saws have more dimension. My first thought was something like fireworks in one -- curve the bursts/trailers in the direction the saw spins to enhance the illusion of movement. Does that make sense? I know I can draw it!

quiltnerd said...

I like the idea of spinning, but it seems to me that the edges are too sharp to go completely circular. Maybe spiraling octagons along the axes of the buzz saw pattern?