Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My little helper...

Last year our daughter fell in love with a stray kitty when we were at Grammy and Poppa's house and we ended up bringing her home. She's turned into quite the little quilting assistant and loves to sit by the sewing machine and watch me sew or sit on my lap and "help" me hand quilt.

This is Sorry the cat (DD named her) sitting and watching me quilt. Cute, innocent, sweet as a button...

until she attacks...must protect mommy from that evil, evil thread...Fortunately this quilt is for my dear neighbor who loves cats and doesn't mind if the quilt comes with teeth marks in tow.
after a hard day of thread catching and quilt taming a kitty needs her rest.

Doesn't she look like the princess and the pea on to of her stack of quilts? That's my pile that's ready to quilt. They're on the glider in the living room because I have an out of sight out of mind issue-if they're right in front of me in the living room and I see them all the time I'll actually work on them. Plus-as you can see they make a great kitty bed.

No comments: