Monday, April 21, 2008

Mr. Postman

Look what the postman brought me today....



Paula had a giveway on her blog to celebrate her 100th post and I was the first prize winner. I won this beautiful quilt which is going to go on my wall and she also sent some surprise goodies. I got a lovely card which goes so well with the theme in our bedroom I'm thinking of framing it and putting it on my dresser, some yummy chocolate sticks, needles, and 3 super cute notepads. Also in the box was some Ghiradelli coffee. That's not pictured because my neighbor was over when I opened the box and we had to open it up and have some right away so I forgot to put it in the picture.

Thank you, thank you Paula. I can't tell you how much your box brightened my day and I think it will be so neat to look on wall and see the quilt you made!

In other news-I have a thoroughly sore fingers. I'm hand quilting a queen sized quilt for my neighbor and worked on it last night during the Dallas/Anaheim game. While it was a productive way to pass the time it was pretty painful because every time the action got intense I'd end up jabbing myself in the finger. Fortunately Dallas won so I've got another round in the playoffs to look forward too. Dallas hasn't had the cup since 99-I think it's time to take it back. :-)

I also made another trip to the store and bought more fabric for my crazy quilt swap blocks. No picture tonight as I'm going to bed just as soon as I hit post but I promise to get some pics tomorrow. Shopping for crazy quilt fabric is so much fun-there's so many options out there. I've purchased all the fabric I need and I think I have enough embellishments for the jewel toned and black and white group but will need to get more for the cream and white-I think about 2/3 of the swappers (self included) picked the cream and white colorway. I can't wait to see the blocks for this swap-I think they will be incredible!

1 comment:

Linda C said...

You are such a lucky duck, Becca! How sweet of Paula to do this drawing and pack it full of such lovely things.

Looks like you are quite a swapper yourself.