Thursday, April 17, 2008

Look what came in the mail!

These are Wanda's HST's she sent in for the 30's and WOW HST swap I'm hostessing on the about.com forum. Aren't they gorgeous! I especially like the purple and yellow stripe. Wanda is the early bird-these aren't due until May 15th. I wish I were so efficient.

Here's my big exciting fabric find. I went to Wal-mart the other day and had to check out the $1 fabric section while I was there. I saw this lovely black and white print and pulled it out to take a closer look. It's Robert Kaufman from the Color Beat line. Really nice hand and so cute. I'm taking part in a crazy quilt block swap and I think this will probably make it into some of the black and white blocks.

2 comments:

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Hi Becca,

Love your blog site; all the necessaries and not one big busy mess like mine. LOL

It is a reflection of my personality and life so it will be staying the way it is!

Wanda's HST's in 30s look terrific, all colourful, neat and tidy in their plastic bags. Makes you want to go out and get some done.

I really like the bargain black and white fabric you found at Walmart. I'm in Australia so no Walmart for us but now that I know the designer I will keep an eye out for some. My son wants a black and white quilt and I have been looking for something that 'grabbed my eye'. Thanks for that. I think it would look great as part of a crazy quilt. I wonder how large blocks of black and white in crazy would look for my son? Food for thought.

Sadia

black bear cabin said...

Nice score at Walmart! It never hurts to check out the fabric department there :)
congrats on setting up a blog...but be careful...its addictive!
cheers~
lisajo