Monday, April 28, 2008

Sore fingers

I've spent the last couple days trying to work diligently on the quilt I'm quilting for my neighbor but tonight I had to quit for awhile-my poor little poked fingers are so sore. I'm making great progress though and tomorrow there's back to back playoff games so maybe a little hockey action will take my mind of my mangled fingers and I can get more done. I'm hoping to have this quilt quilted, bound, and labeled by the end of May so I can get to work on a commission quilt for my cousin Deb.

Deb has clothes from her dad and grandma that she would like made into a quilt and lots of pictures so I think we're going to do a crazy quilt concept with pictures set into the blocks. I'm extra lucky that she's basically given me free reign to do whatever I think works so hopefully my creative genius will be up to snuff.

Pictures, pictures-these are Deb and Wendi's blocks for the HST swap. Another batch of cuties-I'm still debating on the pattern I want to make with mine-I'm thinking about either a Jewel Box or Depression Block quilt. I made the Depression block for a swap awhile back and loved how fun and happy it looked in 30's and WOW.
These are the fastest pictures ever-I had two kitties and DD all trying to "assisst" so I basically threw them on the flannel, snapped the pic, and whisked them away.

Oooh-almost forgot-I also added embellishments to 2 more crazy quilt blocks but will have to wait to get pictures tomorrow when the sun is out.

We went to see my Dad and Step mom on Saturday and DD left her beloved teddy bear Lucy behind. She was really upset about not having Lucy to sleep with so I e-mailed Dad and asked him to stick Lucy in the mail. Instead of mailing Lucy, Grandpa and Grandma drove up today after work and hand delivered her to DD. That's about 2 1/2 hours round trip. Grandma and Grandpa to the rescue! Isn't that the sweetest.

We've had a cold snap and it's expected to freeze tonight but tomorrow it's supposed to hit almost 60 and then in the 70's Wednesday and Thursday so I'm looking forward to that! Maybe this will be our last burst of winter and then it's all Spring. A girl can hope right?

1 comment:

Joan J said...

I have a helpful hint for you for those sore fingers -- put a dab of Neosporin cream on your fingertips before you go to bed at night -- they'll be healed and ready to go the next day. I remember those bloody fingertips of my hand quilting days! Love your blog - my first time here but I'll be back.