Tuesday, May 20, 2008

one life well lived is a wonderous thing...

You may have noticed that I vanished for a couple weeks. My grandpa took ill and was hospitalized. He passed away last Monday.

Grandpa suffered from emphysema fro the last 25 years and while we're sad to lose him and will miss him every day we're also glad to know that he's in a place where he no longer had to struggle for each breath.

Younger days....


In the garden with me....
reading a story to my little stinker....

I'd love to tell you all about Grandpa and everything he did-for his family, his friends, and his community but I'm still a little raw right now and I think I'd end up typing through a lot of tears so I'm going to be a little clique and just say this-he lived a good life and there's an empty place in a lot of people's hearts and lives now that he's gone.



On a quilty note-to my blogwarming winners-I promise I haven't forgotten you. In the hustle and bustle of the last few weeks I haven't had a chance to mail your packages but they are going to go in the mail tomorrow! I'm sorry about the delay and I hope you haven't been to disappointed not to find the goodies in your mailbox yet.

2 comments:

AmyB said...

Oh Becca, I'm sorry to hear this. Hoping happy memories bring some comfort.

black bear cabin said...

Im sorry for your families loss. Your Grandpa sounds like he was a warm and wonderful soul.
Thank you for sharing the photos. My heart goes out to you and yours at this time. May the healing begin as you think of him fondly each day.