Monday, May 5, 2008

And then there were four....

I had such good intentions to post last night. I was going to do a little piecing during the Dallas/San Jose game and then post once the game was over. That of course was before it went to 4 overtimes. The game finally wrapped up around 1:30am with a win by Dallas. After that I went straight to bed and crashed-hence no post. Very exciting-this is the farthest Dallas has gotten in quite awhile so I'm thrilled. Fingers crossed they can keep the streak going!

The upside of 4 overtimes is that I was super productive and got way more done on my ALQS quilt than I'd expected. I've got 15 1/4 blocks done and quite a few more in progress. I need 48 quarter blocks to make the quilt so I'm cooking right along.

Anyone got the pattern figured out already?


These little sprouts are zinnias-or will be zinnias providing I don't kill them...


Dd and Grandma planted them and we're planning on taking them down to Grammy's house for Mother's day to plant in her garden. Of course we'd no sooner placed them in the windowsill after we planted them than the cat tipped them over and played in the dirt so some of our carefully cracked eggs look a little worse for the wear.

2 comments:

black bear cabin said...

We dont dare plant anything till after memorial weekend....so my garden season is short, but well loved!
That will be a lovely mothers day gift :)

Kate North said...

not sure what your pattern is, but it looks great so far - I look forward to seeing how it develops!