Thursday, May 8, 2008

Grandpa

Not to much quilting done the last few days-my grandpa's been ill so lots of travel time to see him. I've been working on quilting my buzzsaw table topper-it's nice and portable. I'm really liking the spiral on the black-it gives the quilt lots of motion and the variegated orange thread really pops.


Grandpa's had emphysema for a long time and he's at the point now where he really isn't able to do anything as even the slightest activity leaves him out of breath and exhausted. When Grandma called Wednesday morning they weren't sure he was going to make it but they were able to get him stabilized by the time we got there. None of us want to see him go (aren't Grandpa's supposed to live forever?) but of course it's terrible to see him suffer and lose his quality of life.

Here's a pic-handsome isn't he? No wonder Grandma fell for him. Of course this picture's just a few years old.



I started researching our family history a few years ago and last year sat down and interviewed him about his life. I got to hear so many neat stories that I'd never heard him tell before. I'm so glad now we've got that history written down.

We're going to go down this weekend to help Grandma out and spend some more time with Grandpa so you probably won't see another post from me until Monday.

No comments: