Thursday, May 1, 2008

chop chop

Here's my crazy quilt acquisitions for the day-some lovely gold butterfly charms and some shimmery gold thread for embellishing.

I was so tempted by this lovely little burgundy handbag but I was a good girl and restrained myself. My first love is fabric but handbags are a close runner up. I keep thinking I'm going to try out some of those great bag patterns and even bought one that looked really appealing but I haven't made a single one yet.

After we got home from shopping we had a little tea party and had our olive bread, cupcakes, and some tea. DD declared it the best tea party ever and actually ate 2 slices of olive bread! Last time she spent the night at grandma's she ate salmon, and yesterday I made shredded beef tacos and she ate those too-maybe this is a sign that she's almost over that awful picky stage where all she wants is chicken and macaroni! Ooooh-fingers crossed!

My other bit of progress to report-my fabric for my little swap quilt is all cut out and ready to start sewing.
I've never paper pieced anything this small-it may be an adventure. Maybe tomorrow I can actually get a block or two together and show you where I'm going with this.

1 comment:

black bear cabin said...

Wow...ive never paper pieced anything that tiny either...let me know how it goes, maybe ill give it a try sometime. Of course, the thought of tearing all that damn paper off would drive me insane...so maybe not! :)
Love your color choices!

lisajo