Thursday, July 24, 2008

Salted Peanut Chews

As requested here's the Peanut roll recipe-they are so good and easy. I can't take remember where I got the recipe but I can't take credit for inventing it-just enjoying it-over and over, and over...


Salted Peanut Chews

Base:

1 yellow cake mix

1/3 cup butter, room temp

1 egg

3 cups mini marshmallows

Topping:

2/3 cup corn syrup

1/4 cup butter, soft

2 tsp vanilla

1-10 oz pkg peanut butter chips

2 cups crispy rice cereal

2 cups salted peanuts

1. Heat oven to 350. In large bowl, combine cake mix, 1/3 cup butter and egg. Beat on low speed until crumbly. Press in bottom of ungreased 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 for 12-18 minutes or until a light golden brown.

2. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with marshmallows. Return to oven for an additional 1-2 minutes until marshmallows just begin to puff and melt. Let cool while preparing the topping.

3. In large sauce pan, combine all topping ingredients *except cereal and peanuts.* Heat just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in cereal and peanuts. Immediately spoon warm topping over marshmallows. Carefully spread to
cover. Refrigerate 1hr or until firm. Cut into bars and store in covered container.

2 comments:

Colene said...

Thanks I am excited to try this.

The Calico Quilter said...

Oh, your killin' me! I've got to try this. I've been looking for new recipes for my Christmas cookie baskets.