Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lucky me!

I got my quilt from the ALQS today-I am beyond thrilled. I saw this gorgeous little tree of life quilt on Cathi's blog and knew I would be so jealous of whoever got it because it was perfect. When I opened the mailbox today and saw a package with a postmark from Ireland it was all I could do not to sit down right there and rip it open. I practically skipped back home and tore into it the second I got in the door.

Isn't it beautiful!

I couldn't get a good picture of the quilting but Kathi used a stipple in the middle for the tree lovely loose feathers in the corners that really complement the top.

She also sent me some some lovely bits of fabric and a Bailey's Irish Cream Truffle Bar. Our post man decided to flatten the chocolate bar a little bit when he stuffed it in our mailbox but you know what-squished chocolate tastes just as good-lol-I can vouch for that because I've all ready sampled the goods.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Cathi-in case I didn't mention it I'm thrilled!

4 comments:

AmyB said...

Oh Becca, you are a lucky duck!

Anonymous said...

Glad it made it safe and sound and that you liked it, giggle!!! Was soooo tickled by your comment on my blog, was glad that you liked it before you realized it was coming to you!!

Anonymous said...

I saw the quilt you made on Welsher Quilter. Absolutely beautiful.

antique quilter said...

YOU ARE LUCKY!
when I saw that on Cathi's blog I wanted it too!
not that I was in the swap but I sure wished it was coming to my house!
looking forward to seeing it on your wall of little quilts !
Kathie